Tuesday, February 26, 2008

The Downward Sprial

M Is For Malice by Sue Grafton
pages 1-44

What genre is it? Is this a genre you're familiar with? Does the book 'break the mold' in any way?

The book I am reading is a Mystery. To be quite honest, I am not particularly familiar with Mystery novels, because they really aren't my thing. But I decided to try reading something new to me. So far I'm only on chapter 5, so I don't really know if i like it yet or not or if it breaks the mold in any way. But I will say, I'm interested in reading more to find out.

The main character is Kinsey Millhone. I think she is a good character. She seems so much like a real person how she has to deal with things on a daily basis. She has to deal with the stress from work, since she is a private detective and all, but she also has to deal with her emotions as well. She is just like any other person who has to deal with heartbreak, and just as she finally gets over it, he comes back into her life...

How do you think you would be able to manage emotionally if you had to work and get over somebody you loved for a long time, but they recently came back into your like? How do you think you could you change the situation?

No comments: