Wednesday, December 19, 2007

The Lovely Bones, Alice Sebold, Chapters 10-14

Sometimes we are pulled toward one or two characters in the story. We identify with them or feel sympathy for them. With which characters do you identify in the book, and why do you believe you identify with them?

Well, the first character I'd have to say i relate to is Susie, the main character. She tells the story of her death and how it has effected the lives of her family and friends, and makes it sound so real. You have no choice but to feel sorry for the girl. I also relate to her because, call me cheesy for saying this or whatever, but i have always wondered what happened to people and their souls when they die. Even though its just a story, some body believes that that's what happens, and it leaves your mind open to your imagination.

The second character i can relate to is Susie's sister Lindsey. She doesn't know exactly how to deal with her older sisters death. If any one of my two sisters died, I wouldn't know how to deal with it either! Especially if I found out my sisters were murdered. I would go out every day and night to try and find their killer! But at the same time, I would be hurting inside, like Lindsey, and keeping to myself, because I wouldn't know how to deal with the pain either.

No comments: